Saturday, January 23, 2010

READER BOARDS OF JETTAVANNA, THE PLACE WHERE BUDDHA SPENT 24 RAINY SEASONS

Before I left home to travel in India I had the idea to take pictures of the reader boards that I knew I would eventually encounter. Everytime I came upon one I would take a picture of it. They come in handy now that a few years have passed since I was in India. Since I am writing about all my travels I am constantly doing research on the places I have been. Now that four years have passed since I traveled to India, I am now interested in what all those reader boards say, so I'm posting them online now so I can click on the picture and zoom in and finally read them. While I was touring I wasn't in the mode of reading these reader boards. I was mostly interested in taking pictures and trying to listen closely to what the guide was telling me about what I was seeing on the tour. I would get back to the hotel after the tour was over and write down all that I could remember of what the guide said about the particular landmark I saw that day. Then I would read the itinerary and do some light reading on the next place I would be going to the next day. If there was any aspect of the next place I wanted to see, I would make sure that I would mention it to the guide and he would be glad to accomodate my request, which is his job. When you are touring it can sometimes be grueling because you are constantly on the go. It is sometimes hot and uncomfortable. You are in a foreign place. People see that you are an American and think you are rich so they bring out all the poor and handicapped to stand in front of you and beg. You get so tired of everyone trying to get a little money out of you. Sometimes I have gotten very blunt with some people. Traveling is exciting, tiring and sometimes alot of things are going on at the same time. So you have to make the best of it while you are there because you may never have the opportunity go there again.







No comments:

Post a Comment