Monday, February 28, 2011

Cane Against the Wall in Bedroom


We get back to the house and they start preparing a meal. They are going to BBQ file minyon with potatoes. I go in the living room and watch tv and talk to one of Mike's friends. Mike and Marion continue to prepare dinner. He goes into his office to smoke some pot. Later he told me that he smokes it to increase his appetite. Earlier I was offered a beer. I took it because I was thirsty. Mike offered me some Bailey's Irish Cream. I had some. It made me sleepy. Mike's parents came. His father is 80 years old. They said he is showing signs of alsthimers disease. We make small talk. Dinner is ready. We sit at table. The menuthat night was; file minyon, potatoes, onions,cream corn, salad and cake for desert. We talk about hurricanes and other subjects and then I excuse myself and go to bed since I had been up since 2am the previous day. I slept soundly for several hours.

Brush and Mirror in Bedroom


The next morning I got up and went downstairs. Marion made breakfast of omelete, toast and orange/mango juice. We ended up talking about some spiritual stuff.

It was decided that we should go to New Orleans that day instead of the bayou because the temporature was going to drop. When this happens and ice gets on the road, the roads are closed because people around there don't know how to drive on ice.(that sounds familiar)

Top of Chest of Drawers


Everybody got in the truck and we were on our way to New Orleans. We went south on a freeway. It is about a 2 hour drive to New Orleans from Baton Rogue, about 72 miles. It's a straight shot. First woods on both sides of the road and then it turns into swamp. Finally we pass Lake Ponsatrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment